Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break in La Jolla!


So I am finally back in the swing of things in Oxford, OH after a relaxing week on the beaches of San Diego! One of my roommates Katie lives in La Jolla and invited me and 4 of the other girls I will be living with next year to stay with her over spring break. The weather was beautiful the entire time and despite a couple of painful sunburns I came back with a nice tan. But really, we did much more than lay on the beach all day (even though it was tempting!) One day we rented kayaks which we took near some coves and uncomfortably close to a herd of seals. Another day we went to the world famous San Diego Zoo. Well, almost all of us (Katie had been to the zoo hundreds of times and decided to go to the mall instead!) We spent around 3 hours there and were happy to rest our feet when we got back! Jamie also came and I was able to meet his brother and stay with them a couple of times.

In the end I really started to get used to the whole california lifestyle and who knows, maybe one day I will return to my roots!

Even though its hard to accept this 40 degree, unpredictable weather that is Ohio, its good to be back!

[on the right is a picture of the girls on the trip. From the left: Maura, Kelly, Katie, Me, and Ashleigh (she was my freshman roommate) I will be living with all of these girls next year plus two more! 1 1/2 bathrooms should be interesting....]

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wonderful world of a college student - spring break in california and 1 bathroom for 7(?) girls!

Anne said...

1 bathroom isn't as bad as it sounds (for 5 girls, at least)...just make sure 1 of those 7 girls doesn't dump her cereal and Easy Mac down the bathroom sink (and then leave the plates for mice to nibble on) - true and gross story!