Monday, March 10, 2008

Goodbye (by Justin)

For more than 10 years we spent nearly every day together. She was there for me in good times and in bad - sun, rain and snow. True, she's older now than when we first met - but she's aged well and I always thought she looked great anyway. I tried to take care of her the best I could, but somehow it was never enough...she always demanded more of my money, more of my time...it was always something.


I couldn't help but notice the younger, prettier and less complicated figures that crossed my path. Surely they would never ask so much of me...and wouldn't it be nice to once again have people look at me with envy when I drove around town, instead of thinking, "He could probably do better."


Izzy and Dylan loved her and I knew they would be sad to see her go. But the constant nagging noises and blinking engine light were the last straw: me and the Explorer were over.

On Monday, I took her for one last ride to the Toyota dealership and left with a shiny 2005 4Runner. It was a sad albeit smooth ride home.





2 comments:

Mike Krankota said...

You heartless cad. After all those years of unconditional love, you drop her for the first thing with bigger fenders that drives by.

Karen said...

Ah, Justin...my 4Runner was probably my most favorite car. Good choice!