Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tournaments

I admire the Dixon/Bowman boys.  Running is such a pure sport.  You either run without conking out, or you don't.  Golf on the other hand ...  Yesterday, the ladies at National spent 2/1/2 hours being lectured on the rules.  Basically, you cannot breath without being assessed a stroke.  Unless it is a red zone, then it is two club lengths and a stroke.  UGH.  Today (ladies WGA day) I played horribly.  Too many things to think about.  And, Monday, Monday is an Interclub tournament that I have been invited to play in (only because our team is so desperate!) and I am a bit gun shy to say the least. I have the highest handicap on the team (but I have to play to a lower handicap because I am over the required max) and I seem to have become a choker!  A foul word to say the least, in golf.  I have been soliciting advice from all of the successful, competitive young ladies in my family (my daughters) and so far, I have gotten only sympathy!

No comments: