Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rock Chalk Jayhawk


Finally! After a long year (several long years, to be exact) of disappointing performances by the Chiefs and Royals, the sports gods decided to throw Kansas a bone.


I was en route from NY to KC for the majority of the game (having been delayed for 2+ hours at LaGuardia) but Justin, loving and thoughtful husband that he is, picked me up at the airport at around half-time and came prepared: with a cheeseburger, a glass of wine, and a KU T-Shirt for me to hold on the way home.


About 18 hours later, I was once again clutching a KU shirt in my hands. This time, it was THE official KU NCAA championship T-Shirt that I decided to buy for Justin to thank him for missing part of the game to pick me up at the airport. I must say, it took a true New Yorker to fight the vicious crowds at Kansas Sampler and snag the last size Large Kansas championship T-Shirt in town!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Rock chalk Jayhawk is right! Way to go KU and way to go Justin (beating out a little girl and her dog). Finally! I think Jenna should take a look.