Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Chaos at Dilbeck Cottage

Construction Up-Date

We are having a lot of work done on the house as we prepare for the impending visit of the Grand Parental Units (GPUs).

It was all arraigned to begin on the Monday after the Double Q (Mike will go into detail about the Double Q in his own post). We had purchased a French door for the kitchen, a Franklin Stove, and all of the tile for the porch. I talked to the contractor “we are all ready to go” he assured me… Oh Boy!

Monday I went home for lunch to find a workman on my Juliet Balcony, which is on the front of the house. He was taking the trim off the existing door. “Whatcha doin” I asked – “I’m installing the new door” he replied casually. “It doesn’t go there” I said – “You sure” he replied – “Pretty sure” I said.

We got the door all straightened out. Not only was he installing it in the wrong place – turns out it was the wrong door too. I must say that my confidence was somewhat weakened by the situation. We have used this team before and been really pleased with them. My confidence returned as I went on and inspected the other work – it’s going to be so totally cool.

Rick will post before and after pictures latter. Prepare to be amazed and please plan a visit soon!

PS, Wally is currently looking for a new, quieter home with less terrifying visitors. Henry couldn’t be happier with all the commotion and goings on. Wally thinks Henry should be a little more realistic about the risk these loud blundering behemoth present. Henry thinks Wally is a scaredy dog, and that Wally is quite possibly confused as to his canine orientation, possibly a little light in the toenails (wink, wink, nod, nod – if you know what I mean).

No comments: