Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A letter from Henry to Bailey's family

Dear family,
I was very sad when I learned that Bailey had to go live on the farm. I lost my friend Rocky when I was 3, and I know that when a dog dies, it takes a long time to stop sniffing for him. I never met Bailey, because I understand that he didn't like to go in the car, but everyone who had ever met him, everyone in my family said that he was a very good friend. I remember his pictures, and his stories, and whenever I saw Grandma JoAnn and Grandpa Ralph, I could tell that they were very well dog-loved, and that alone is enough to gain my respect.
But Bailey also had a job. Not just sniffing, and cuddling, and catching, and bringing back. He also taught people to read by listening. I think that's really cool. Bailey got up and went in the car even though he didn't like it, in order to sniff and listen for people and kids who didn't have anyone to sniff them or listen to them. I think Bailey was a really good dog, and I hope that I can be as cool as him someday.
Grandpa Ralph and Grandma JoAnn, I wish you didn't have to lose your friend. But what a great friend you had. We'll all miss you, Bailey!
Love, Henry and my family too.

1 comment:

Mary T. said...

Meow :( Bailey was the only one I wasn't scared of over Christmas. The big lion was always chasing my tail and the black one kept bumping into me. Bailey was my friend.
- Peekay