Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bailey

Bailey was such a special part of our family. One of my favorite memories of Bailey is from the last time I came to visit this past December. Mom and I went to Grandma and Grandpa's house and Grandpa told us all about Bailey's charity work. It made me want to cry when Grandpa said how kids with learning disabilities would be too shy or embarrassed to read in front of the class but how they would get with Bailey one on one and read out loud to him. Bailey would lie down and just listen and make the kid feel totally at ease. For the holiday season, the class gave Bailey and Grandpa cards and cookies. This to me sums up the kind of dog Bailey was. He wasn't the "need to be in the center of the spotlight" star of the football team like Dylan is or the goofy, lovable class clown like Sandy. Bailey was the gentlest, sweetest dog, easy to talk to because he was such a good listener. He liked to give kisses, he never complained, and never misbehaved (unless Grandpa just didn't tell those stories.) Bailey made a difference in our lives and in the lives of so many others, young and old and brought happiness to everyone he met. I will miss him very very much.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Me too Mary. You said it all. I will miss you "BaileyBoy", I will miss you putting your paws on my thighs. You are very special. Rest in peace. Norman.