Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Dallas Thursday Roundup (Tuesday Edition)

In an effort to bolster our Gazette footprint, the Dallas crowd has agreed to post a weekly supplemental roundup posting to coincide withour weekly Thursday gathering. This week, however, Thursday is being held on Tuesday because Alison and Wendy will be leaving for their big road trip super early on Friday morning.

On the Menu:

Tandoori Chicken, Curried Butternut Squash, Spinach and Mushrooms, Brown Rice
  • Rick: I'll be batching it next week while Wendy and Alison are on their road trip. This weekend will be spent painting doors, trimming the porch with cedar, and patching cracks in the walls where old house settlement occurs.
  • Wendy: Getting ready for the big road trip to New York, looking forward to seeing my sisters Carol and Cindy, and I'll be coming back with McGowan apples and River Rat Cheese!! Oh, and I'm also looking forward to spending quality time with my dearest daughter:)
  • Alison: Taking time off as a solo practitioner is not too difficult when you have a month's notice. I'm just finishing up my motions for continuance for those settings that were made before travel plans, but I'm thrilled to say it hasn't been as difficult as I anticipated. In other news, I have been a sophisticated and mature for two full weeks now, and I am really loving it!!
  • Mike: I am working on our 2009 ad campaign. We're pushing the general accepted financial industry envelope this year with some more fun conceptual stuff, so I'm  putting together a massive presentation - research data, multimedia presentation, etc. I make Don Draper look like clown shoes, and fully plan to win some sort of award with this campaign.
  • Kelly: I have been busy spearheading the winter fundraiser for Grace Unlimited, the nonprofit of which Alison and I have recently joined the board of directors. It's a Christmas theater fundraiser, and as a first project, it's going really well!!

No comments: