Thursday, July 24, 2008

Father/Daughter Team


Dad and I played in the Fifth Annual Golf Tournament benefiting the Sandhills Coalition.  It was a captain's choice format and we definitely held our own, finishing 2 under par (is that right, Dad?).  Two other residents from BelleMeade rounded out the foursome.  During the banquet afterward, we got recognized as being the only father/daughter team participating.  Tow highlights - seeing and hearing from Peggy Kirk Bell, the 90 year old "Maven" of women's golf and owner of Pine Needles Country Club (host of last year's Women's Open), AND my surprise win of the fabulous (pictured) UNC Tarheels golfbag and Lynx driver!!  The story I told Norman is my "longest drive" on #15 won me the bag, but it was actually my winning raffle ticket, #253.  Funny thing, he never questioned the fact that I had the longest drive!  Let's take a poll on just how long it takes him to read this blog!

2 comments:

Karen said...

PS - what am I going to do with this bag??

Norman said...

Not nice, wife. I thought you hit one of your infamous drives.