Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Cabinet


Anne's post re Gracie's talents in the kitchen prompted my yearning for any one of my three girls to be here with me in my time of need.  I do a lot of personal business on my computer at home and my desk has become more and more cluttered with unorganized papers (as has the kitchen table, the top of the washing machine and my underwear drawer).  I decided I needed a filing cabinet.  I didn't want to put an ugly Staples-variety 2 drawer metal cabinet in my beautiful kitchen, so upon googling "decorative file cabinets"  I discovered the perfect piece - a red, antique finished console.  When I saw the huge box sitting on my front porch I was so excited!  I tore into it only to find a 50 page set of "building" instructions, 1000 screws, sliders braces, etc etc etc.  Where are my girls when I need them?!  Anyone who knows the Thompson girls, knows that their idea of a perfect, rainy Sunday afternoon is spent with such a project.  So here I sit, waiting for Rudy (our favorite albeit crazy, handyman).

No comments: