Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy, Busy

I feel a bit guilty for not having contributed a posting for a while, but life has been hectic here in big "D". For the past three months I have assumed the position of "build coordinator" at the office. While it is not a technically challenging position, it does involve coordinating the work of over 20 developers, making code merge decisions, creating documentation, automating the build process, and managing the needs of QA people who need to test products before the monthly release to production. By the time I get home, I am not really anxious to get onto a computer -- I'd rather sit down with a Texas martini and watch the Cubs. Since last Saturday was the day of the major release for July, I went to the office to oversee part of the release.

Two weeks ago Wendy and I took Friday off and jumped in the TT convertible bound for Houston. We had dinner at Wes and Jenny's townhome with Jenny's parents and drank some fine wine that Wes had selected. Saturday we walked to the corner for a great Mexican breakfast before Jenny had to leave for her grandmother's funeral. On Saturday evening Wes grilled some steak and we had dinner with his neighbors and several friends. Again with some fine wine. I had hoped to have some pictures of Wes and Jenny's new digs but Wes has as yet to send them (hint, hint).

No comments: