Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dallas Thursday Roundup

On the Menu:

Tortellini cooked in chicken stock with fennel seed
Big Salad
Bread from Jimmy's

Kelly is absent today because she is comforting a friend who just broke up with her boyfriend. "Comforting" is a euphamism for "getting drunk with".

Rick: It's been a busy week at work, 2 major projects. I have to be at work at 6AM on Saturday for the November deployment (I'm going to ride my Vespa!) I've started walking with Alison and the Bagles in the evenings for health and recreation.

Wendy: We had a wedding party this weekend for the next-door couple Michael and Lara who were married in Austin two weeks ago. The party was attended by about 30, and it was a very enjoyable evening. We are very excited to see Ralph and JoAnne for Thanksgiving. Menu planning is underway!

Alison: I am having a very busy week. Two child sexual assault cases are resolving this week (one dismissal, and one probation and deportation). I plead the case of one of my most recalcitrant clients today, and I'm picking up a couple of new felonies (aggravated robbery, and a couple of drug possessions).  I am also feeling about 30% better, and have stretched bedtime to a howling 9:30!

Mike: I have taken on a project at work to figure out how the marketing department can simultaneously save money, go green, and stay cutting-edge. We're going to start shooting our own stock in-house, repurposing old materials in cool sort of "found art" kind of ways, and really using all the interactive Flash stuff I've learned to higher degrees. First project: for our top producers, I'm designing and hand-binding a photo book. Super-fun.
Also, tomorrow I am headed out to Texas Stadium with management to take the company holiday card photo on the 50 yardline right on the big Cowboys star. They will all be dressed as Cowboys players, Tom Landry and/or referees. I will be taking a tripod to avoid laughter-shake in the image.

No comments: