Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer in Kansas

SO I have been in Kansas for over a week now. Anne and Justin have made me feel right at home and I am having a great time with all the animals! Kansas city has changed since I was here last! The downtown area (from what I remember) is completely revamped. There are tons of new establishments around and the city is really looking vibrant and exciting! After a long and tiring week of job hunting with mom, I found a couple of options. However, it was Justin who really got me an exciting opportunity. I found out just this morning that I will officially be joining the UMB staff this summer! I will be working independently for the arts management department. It turns out I came to KC just in time to help set up their new database system! Since working with databases was something I just learned about last semester this is perfect! I will be working closely with actually pieces of art owned by the museum, in particular the work of an artist named Benton. I am so excited and this opportunity is sure to help me out a TON in the future!

Jamie came in also early this morning from Ohio! He will be spending the weekend here and I am really excited! Conveniently, the Indians will also be in Kansas City playing the Royals and we are going to go to a game tomorrow.

1 comment:

Karen said...

yeah, Gracie! (hi Jamie)